Kellie Nolan McCartney
Experienced and KnowledgEable Communications Strategist
Fueled by coffee & puppy love
As managing partner and Chief Message Maker at Be Brilliant! Marketing, Kellie Nolan McCartney helps local, national, and global clients by translating facts and figures into actionable plans and engaging stories that captivate their clients and customers.
At the heart of her work is an ability to understand client needs and distil business strategies and complex information into meaningful and memorable messages and stories. "Words are my life" is Kellie's slogan. She understands the value that compelling communications bring to any organization. Kellie has made words matter for Fortune 500 public relations and annual reports, B2B and B2C marketing, employee and change communications, and for brand messaging and media training workshops.
Kellie started her career in radio and TV production, but found her true calling in public relations, first in Chicago where she led marketing communications programs for global clients, and later in Zurich, Switzerland, where she managed European operations for a U.S. PR firm. While in Europe, she joined talents and dreams with her husband to start their own communications agency, as well as a photography school. Returning the U.S., they settled in Southwest Florida where they built a new creative agency, Be Brilliant! Marketing.
Kellie is involved in several local and international non-profits, with a particular focus on programs that benefit children. She is a member of the Board of Directors for Valerie's House, Simbolei Academy Girls' School in Kenya, she has served on the FunTime Early Childhood Academy annual fundraising committee, and is a volunteer ESL tutor at the Gulf Coast Literacy Council.
Kellie enjoys movies, cooking, and spontaneous road-trips for fun.
- Expertise in business-to-business and employee communications, strategic messaging, branding, and agency direction.
- Co-founder and managing partner of Image Engineers Visual Communications Agency, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Managed the European headquarters for U.S.-based Business Communications firm, Gibbs & Soell.
- Client service manager and team leader at Gibbs & Soell, Chicago, provided strategy and tactical support for clients in a range of industries, including agriculture, building & construction, plastics, chemicals, medical device, pharmaceuticals, and power.
- Clients include:
B2B: Alstom Power, Bookkeepers Plus, CID Design Group, Deere, Dow Chemical, EyeMD EMR Healthcare Systems, Firestone Building Products, Gamble Home Services, Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Natureworks, Sulzer, Syngenta.
B2C: Delta Faucet, Dynamic Air, Edison State College, Family First Legal Group, Gulf Coast Town Center, Scott Fischer Enterprises, Simply Body Soap Net, Stadtbus Winterthur, Windfall.
Non-profit: Calusa Nature Center, March of Dimes, Valerie's House.
- Produced radio and television programming for major network affiliate, Hubbard Broadcasting, Minneapolis, MN.
- Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium, Fort Myers, Florida: Board member since 2016.
- Valerie's House, Fort Myers, Florida: Board member since 2016.
- Simbolei Academy Girls' Secondary school and SCAA community literacy program, Rift Valley, Kenya: Board member since 2014.
- FunTime Early Childhood Academy, Naples, Florida: Fundraising volunteer 2012 | Member of Annual Fundraising Committee 2013 - 2017.
- Literacy Council Gulf Coast, Lee County, Florida: Volunteer English and GED tutor since 2012.
- Professional Women's Group of Zurich: President, 2004-2007; Communications Director, 2003-2004.
- B.A. Mass Communications and Art History, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.