The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results. If you find that your company's marketing efforts are becoming "insane" and you aren't seeing the results you want, we can help you. Here are Six ways to spice up your marketing to help your small business engage and connect with customers.
- Take a look at your website from your ideal customer's point-of-view. Based on what you see–the appearance and quality of information on your site–would you want to engage or do business with your company? If you can't answer "Yes!" honestly, then you want to consider making some changes to make it aesthetically pleasing and engaging.
- Share what you know. If a customer visits your website and reads a recent blog post, a few good things happen. First, if it's a recent post and not from six months or two years ago, a person knows that you're current. Next, sharing your expertise helps you build trust with a customer, even if they've never met you or anyone from your company. Finally, when you take the time to share, it adds to your credibility.
- Become a guest blogger. Say for example you're a realtor in Southwest Florida who specializes in home rentals and sales for seasonal residents. Look at related businesses, maybe you have a relationship with a home watch company or HVAC provider, and offer to be a regular guest blogger for their websites. This helps showcase your business and expertise to broader audiences and lets you easily make a connection to trusted resources for your customers. Consider asking those companies to provide guest blogs for your website too. It's a win-win for both companies.
- Join a Chamber of Commerce. We are members of the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce and the Bonita Spring Area Chamber of Commerce. Being members of both Chambers has had a significant positive impact on our business. We have built valuable relationships, we serve on multiple committees, and we have grown our business.
- Give away a free document. Do you receive multiple calls or emails regarding the same questions from customers? Create an informative document that you can send by email or have people download from your website. Not only does this save you from repeating yourself time after time, having this type of takeaway marketing piece keeps you in front of prospects and customers.
- Write a case study. After you helped a customer reach their goals, tell that story of success. Whether on a page of your website dedicated to case studies and testimonials or in your blog, share how you helped that customer succeed. Ask them a few questions about their experience working with you to get a couple quotes to include in your story.
If you're ready to make any of these changes, we're here to help you Be Brilliant! Contact us and we would be more than happy to give you a free evaluation of your current marketing.
Want to know more about marketing for small business? Check out these Be Brilliant! blog posts:
Be Brilliant!® | Be Brilliant!® Marketing is a branding and marketing agency based in Fort Myers, Florida. Our work and experience has taken us around the globe, working for clients ranging from local entrepreneurs to global, Fortune 100 companies. If you’re on Facebook, be sure to Like our page. Follow us on Twitter @BeBrilliantMktg.
® Registered Trademark of Brilliant Lens LLC