We're very social at Be Brilliant!—in person and online! With active Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ accounts for our business, plus managing social media activity for our clients, we know the importance and value of having an online presence. To get the best return on your social media time, we recommend having a strategy to guide your efforts and then pay attention to the quirks and changes that happen often with each social media platform. Here are five of our favorite quick social media tips to help your business stay active and engaged with customers and leads.
- Plan ahead. Make sure you know what you're going to post on social media so it's not a daily chore. Either on a Friday afternoon or Monday morning, schedule a couple of hours to plan the content you will be sharing on your company's social media pages.
- Use a publishing tool. Whether it's Buffer or Hootsuite, using an automated publishing tool to post content for you takes the stress out of having to remember to post on social media every day. We use Buffer because it's simple to use across several social media platforms. Most publishing tools also provide basic analytics that show how posts performed and engaged with people.
- Be a LinkedIn Publisher. If you or your company uses a blog, the LinkedIn publisher tool is helpful for showcasing your knowledge and expertise to your connections and followers. You can read more about Publisher here. Keep in mind that if your posts get a lot of attention, they may even be picked up by LinkedIn's newsreader Pulse.
- Get visual. Use visuals as often as you can on social media. Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites and 150% more retweets, according to HubSpot. In 2014 the use of video content for B2B marketing increased by 8% to 58%, while the use of infographics topped the adoption list increasing in usage by 9% to 52%. People want visuals.
- Know what's working. Don't forget to check your analytics weekly. Facebook Insights will show exactly how many people posts reached, and how much engagement it received. Twitter will send you a weekly report about your most viewed tweets but you can use Twitter Analytics for a more in-depth look. If you're using social media, you want to know what topics and content people are engaging with as well as what's not working.
Maintaining a timely, dynamic presence on social media helps you stand out in the crowd and gives you new ways to share your business story. With planning, patience, and persistence, social media can have a significant, positive impact on your business!
Do you want your company to be on social media, but you don't have the time to commit to it? We understand. And we love keeping our clients active and current on social media. Contact us, and let's get started.
Be Brilliant!® | Be Brilliant!® Marketing is a branding and marketing agency based in Fort Myers, Florida. Our work and experience has taken us around the globe, working for clients ranging from local entrepreneurs to global, Fortune 100 companies. If you’re on Facebook, be sure to Like our page. Follow us on Twitter @BeBrilliantMktg.
® Registered Trademark of Brilliant Lens LLC