Social Media Can Positively Impact Your Business
We're very social at Be Brilliant!—in person and online! With active Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ accounts for our business, plus managing social media activity for our clients, we know the importance and value of having an online presence. To get the best return on your social media time, we recommend having a strategy to guide your efforts and then pay attention to the quirks and changes that happen often with each social media platform.
Here are five of our favorite quick social media tips to help your business stay active and engaged with customers and leads.
- Plan ahead. Make sure you know what you're going to post on social media so it's not a daily chore. Either on a Friday afternoon or Monday morning, schedule a couple of hours to plan the content you will be sharing on your company's social media pages.
- Use a publishing tool. Whether it's Buffer or Hootsuite, using an automated publishing tool to post content for you takes the stress out of having to remember to post on social media every day. We use Buffer because it's simple to use across several social media platforms. Most publishing tools also provide basic analytics that show how posts performed and engaged with people.
- Be a LinkedIn Publisher. If you or your company uses a blog, the LinkedIn publisher tool is helpful for showcasing your knowledge and expertise to your connections and followers. You can read more about Publisher here. Keep in mind that if your posts get a lot of attention, they may even be picked up by LinkedIn's newsreader Pulse.
- Get visual. Use visuals as often as you can on social media. Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites and 150% more retweets, according to HubSpot. In 2014 the use of video content for B2B marketing increased by 8% to 58%, while the use of infographics topped the adoption list increasing in usage by 9% to 52%. People want visuals.
- Know what's working. Don't forget to check your analytics weekly. Facebook Insights will show exactly how many people posts reached, and how much engagement it received. Twitter will send you a weekly report about your most viewed tweets but you can use Twitter Analytics for a more in-depth look. If you're using social media, you want to know what topics and content people are engaging with as well as what's not working.
Maintaining a timely, dynamic presence on social media helps you stand out in the crowd and gives you new ways to share your business story. With planning, patience, and persistence, social media can have a significant, positive impact on your business!
Do you want your company to be on social media, but you don't have the time to commit to it? We understand. And we love keeping our clients active and current on social media. Contact us, and let's get started.
If you're new to blogging and not sure where to start, here's a few tips to help you out. Blogging may seem tough to start, but once you get it going it will really benefit your business.
If the idea of keeping up a business blog makes you run away screaming, "I can't do one more thing!" check out these five steps for practically painless blogging that will boost the power of your social media and help grow your business. read more
What trends will impact your marketing in 2017? Check out one of the more surprising changes ahead from Facebook! (read more)
The Be Brilliant! Facebook Page Moderation List is a free, helpful tool to prevent unwanted or offensive language from appearing on your Facebook business page. Keep the trolls at bay by hiding their negative comments auto-magically.
It can be easy to get sidetracked by the competition, social networks, and new ways to market your business. Here are four ideas, borrowed from sports, to help you earn a few gold medals in focused marketing.
In November 2015, the Be Brilliant!™ Marketing Team was brought in to help rebuild marketing for the Gulf Coast Town Center mall during the all-important holiday shopping season, and beyond. Despite several hurdles, our focused marketing strategy helped address negative public perception during a foreclosure, and engage a local, year-round audience of young professionals.
Once you create a social media profile, it's important to have a solid game plan. Learn how to get started!
Are you ready to use Facebook Live? Read to get our step-by-step instructions on how to use it on your company page.
Are you ready to go live? Learn when, how, and why you should be using Facebook's live streaming feature! Read more...
Have you heard the news?! Instagram's logo has changed! Read our blog post to learn why every company should approach rebranding the way Instagram is.
Be Brilliant!® | Be Brilliant!® Marketing is a branding and marketing agency based in Fort Myers, Florida. Our work and experience has taken us around the globe, working for clients ranging from local entrepreneurs to global, Fortune 100 companies. If you’re on Facebook, be sure to Like our page. Follow us on Twitter @BeBrilliantMktg.
® Registered Trademark of Brilliant Lens LLC